We deliver more than 3,000 newborns a year. From our prenatal classes to our lactation consultants, our family-centered team will help make this fantastic journey a safe and healthy one.
O’Connor Hospital Family Center: Why Choose Us?
One of the most memorable experiences of your life is giving birth to your child. At O’Connor Hospital’s Family Center, our specially trained nurses and physicians provide support, warmth and expertise before, during, and after delivery.
Our Family Center team brings more than 3,000 babies into the world each year and provides continuing care throughout childhood. Our obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatricians and family medicine support team provide skilled care for all women and their families.
At O’Connor, you’ll receive expert medical guidance to ensure that you have the healthiest pregnancy possible and that your newborn receives the highest quality care. We are designated as a Level III Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), which means that we have the expertise and advanced equipment available 24/7, for whatever birth situation arises.
Our team of specialists includes:
- Neonatologists, doctors who specialize in newborn care
- Neonatal nurses
- Respiratory therapists
Maternity and Childbirth Services
Our physicians, nurses and family-centered support team provide the expertise and warm environment needed for a positive childbirth experience.
Our services include:
- Birthing and maternity suites that combine the comforts of home with advanced technology
- Qualified, supportive nursing staff and physicians
- Childbirth education programs and infant care classes
- Comprehensive services for high-risk pregnancies
- Obstetrician and anesthesiologist on-site 24/7 for emergencies
- Inpatient and outpatient newborn hearing assessments
- Universal screening for all infants for jaundice (condition caused by a buildup of bilirubin, a yellow chemical produced by the breakdown of red blood cells)
- Inpatient lactation consultation
- Breast-feeding support groups
- Family-centered pediatric services
For more information or to schedule a tour or to register for a class, call 408.947.2500.