The compassionate and caring professionals in our diagnostic services departments understand how overwhelming and physically taxing a cancer diagnosis can be. From the time your physician refers you for additional lab work to the time you get your test results, they are there to guide you through the diagnostic process. Knowing what to expect, and what our different departments do, can help lessen some of your anxiety in anticipating your lab work and diagnosis.
The Clinical Laboratory is equipped to provide a complete range of tests for the early diagnosis, classification and monitoring of cancer. Surgical pathology performs tissue analysis for the initial diagnosis and monitoring of malignant diseases. This includes sophisticated histological staining along with gross and microscopic tissue analysis of tissue samples.
For more information, call the Clinical Laboratory at (408) 947-2990.
O’Connor’s diagnostic imaging services include:
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Digital radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Mammography: An American College of Radiology-accredited center.
Radiology staff members are active participants at the tumor board meetings and an integral part of the oncology team.
- For more information, call the Radiology Department at (408) 947-2992.
- For questions about CT Scan or Ultrasound, call (408) 947-2547.
- For questions about MRI, call (408) 947-2900.