From its rich heritage grounded in the fertile agricultural soil of Santa Clara County to the current-day Silicon Valley boom, O’Connor Hospital continues to meet the needs of its community by providing a full range of services to an ever-growing population of more than 1.7 million residents.
Its 358-bed acute care facility offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty programs. Services include cancer, cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation, emergency, medical imaging, orthopedic and joint replacement, spine and pain management, stroke, vascular and a Wound Care Clinic, among other services.
O’Connor Hospital’s Emergency Department features 21 beds, board-certified physicians and specialty-trained nurses. O’Connor is home to one of the only family medicine residency programs in the Bay Area, an affiliation with Stanford University.
In 2015, O’Connor Hospital, a not-for-profit, community-based hospital, provided $44 million in community benefit programs to the community in addition to more than $20 million in care for the elderly.
- 358 Licensed Beds
- 1,450 Employees
- 532 Medical Staff Physicians
- 10,816 Acute Discharges
- 6,075 Surgical Cases
- 2,825 Births
- 59,396 Emergency Visits
Quality Awards & Recognitions
- Joint Commission Hospital National Quality Approval and Accreditation
- Level III Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- ACoS Commission on Cancer accreditation for cancer care program
- Undersea Hyperbaric Medical Society certification of Wound Care Clinic and Hyperbaric Department
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation accreditation for cardiac rehabilitation program
- Joint Commission “Centers of Excellence”
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Wound Care
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Get With The Guidelines 2015 Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Blue Distinction Center* for knee replacement and hip replacement program from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine’s 2014 National Innovative Program Award
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Services
- Heart Care
- Medical Imaging
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Rehabilitation and Sports Therapy
- Spine Care and Pain Management
- Stroke Care
- Vascular Services
Clinics & Specialty Services
* Blue Distinction® Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with input from the medical community. Blue Distinction® Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Individual outcomes may vary. National criteria is displayed on www.bcbs.com. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for facilities located in its own service area. For details on Local Blue Plan Criteria, a provider’s in-network status, or your own policy’s coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan. Each hospital’s Cost Index is calculated with data from its Local Blue Plan. Hospitals in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two Cost Index figures; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both Cost Index figures must meet BDC+ national criteria. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for damages or non-covered charges resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.